Umbrella

Umbrella
Powerscourt, Ireland.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coin Quilt

Back in April, I began a project that I had initially thought of as a Mother's Day present for my mom.  She loves French fabrics and I came across the Moda line called "A Breath of Avignon."  I saw a few versions of a coin quilt and found a tutorial from Moda that I adapted.


I used two a charm packs and some yardage of the red floral fabric for the boarder from the Moda line.  I sashed in a chambray quilting fabric and backed it in a red quilters cotton.  I used the quilt as you go method I learned from a tutorial from Jenny at the Missouri Star Quilt Company.


I didn't bind the quilt in the traditional way.  I used another short cut and rolled the backing over.  I'm fairly happy with the way this came out.  Next time, I'll do a few things differently.  Every time I start sewing, I ask myself why I don't sew more often.  I really enjoy the process and the immediate gratification that comes with completing a project.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my coin quilt that I meant to finish in May...so only three months late...lol!   If you need more info on the methods I used, click on the word "tutorial" in the body of the post.

Cheers~
Marti

1 comment: